Magazine Cover

 Magazine Cover

    This is what the magazine cover looks like now, it may under a few changes however it should relatively the same.


    At first all I had was the background. I then made a placeholder for the name of the magazine. I decided on the colors from the main image (Samus, from the video game Metroid Dread) Red and Blue. These are also two out of the three primary colors so they have some contrast, especially next to the helmet's yellowish the character in the main image is wearing.


Then proceeded to procrastinate until I had a name. It then looked liked the image below. I moved it to the top left to resemble another gaming magazine logo PC Gamer. 

Notice how the logo is at the top of the page?
Especially the memorable "PC" part in red


    The next step was to start adding the details. I then added two advertisements, a review for the game featured in the cover image, and new information a game the has yet to be released. The game has garnered a ton of hype the past few months, this would garner a few extra sales alone.


    I then organized the two advertisements, made them bigger and added the selling line "The long thought canceled game is finally here" As the featured game "Metroid Dread" was reveled in 2005 but no information was known about it and was supposedly canceled. Many gamers know this, but most don't so this will be really intriguing for them. 

    Next I messed around with the program a found you can remove the background from images, I proceeded to do so. I duplicated the main image first and set it as the background, after I removed Samus from it. I then moved "GAMER" to the back and her in front of just that word. I did this as I had seen many magazine covers do this before. It is eye catching and memorable.


    Next were the final details. I added a Game of the Year icon in the bottom corner to indicate that there would be a section on it later in the article and a faint logo behind the advertisement on Elden Ring. 

    A few days later, I was given a suggestion on how to make some of the text easier to read, which I followed. 


    Canva was the tool used to create the cover.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology