Images and Original Content

 Images and Original Content

    It's time to start taking pictures and written work for the table of contents.  This First thing I did was to take photos of gaming items like controllers and consoles just to have some generic photos that work well with anything. None of them had any specific plan and were taken and edited in a span of 15min. 


    I wanted a dumb/funny photo so I decided on a controller near toilet paper. It has a slight high angle, but not too much. This will more than likely be present in the two page spread as a opposed to the table of contents.


    I looked around my house for items that I think would work well for one of the games mentioned in the final cover and found some roses. This photo will probably be present in the Table of Contents where one of the placeholder photos are at in the prototypes from the last blog.


    I knew I needed at least one photo of a console so I just placed some items together. this Will probably not be in the Table contents, but saved also for two page spread, but I have a feeling it will be scrapped.


    I remembered news about Nintendo bringing back Wii Sports for their latest console the switch so I decided on a photo of the Wii incase I place something about it in the Table of Contents, which is likely to happen. 

    Each image was taken with gamming elements in mind. More often than not the photos I took included slanting of object to give the illusion of a dutch angle and almost always a slight high/low angle. Each photos contained slight edits, I do not have photos of editing them specifically, but here is what the interface looked like.




    For each photo I selected a preset, I then darkened each photo except the one with roses, increased their vividness, sharpness, and a few extra simple enhancements. I edited the values for them differently in each photo. 

    Here are some different article titles:
-Metroid Dread Review
-Wii Sports Is Back?
-Elden Ring Interview
-New Games
-Nintendo Direct Discussion
-Eiji Aonuma Interview for Breath of the Wild 2
-Game of the Year

    Article descriptors were not included because it would hard to implement them with how I'm formatting the table of contents. An explanative voice will be used for the two page spread as it will be necessary to explain many of the topics incase some people aren't familiar with certain video games. The Metroid Dread Review or the Wii Sports will be the article featured on the two page spread, it's hard to decided which one, probably the Metroid Dread Review though, as it was featured on the final cover.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology