TOC Digital Mockups and Conventions

TOC Digital Mockups and Conventions

    They're are two different styles of table of contents I would like to pursue. A more simple design, or a more original idea with the circular area to place the contents in. 


    For the both table of contents, I took my existing mock ups, and added the images and word content to it. I added two effects the to images however, a visual effect called trippy, and for the photo in the top right corner I also added an enhance effect to clean it up, I tried it also on the photo in the bottom left corner, however it ended up looking worse so I left it alone. 

    I tried to go with the biggest font sizes that fit within the area given while not looking too big. The font chosen was the font on the cover, which was chosen itself from looking through presets fonts and sizing in Canva (the program used to create the cover and Table of contents). The Colors schemes for each were chosen at random, I wanted to see how different colors looked on the table of contents. The layout is probably the most obvious change, the first one uses a tradition layout with a transparency added to allow for clever image placement.

    Image placement was just me trying to find a place to fit and work well. For the first table of contents, I could just overlap it with a transparent background, which was the whole point of the first table of content. For the second table of contents, it was much harder, because of  the limited space presented by the circular formation. The circular design is a double edged sword, it looks great as it is something original and allows the contents to flow better than in a straight line, however the images are in more awkward positions. There aren't many other ways to get these images to fit as is and look good. They also kind of break up the flow of table of contents by chopping it up with its almost intrusive placement in the corners filling the space almost too much. 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology