TOC Feedback and Final Revisions + Cover Issues

 TOC Feedback and Final Revisions + Cover Issues


    I recently got feedback on my table of contents (the photo above). The feedback was great, it highlighted what I did well, like the color scheme, however it failed when it came to the font and the photo in the bottom left corner. Most of the feedback focused on that. The font could be more tech-oriented while the photo's background didn't fit. 

Step One: The Font and Images

   "I do not have a saved draft of this TOC, I have to recreate it. I used the same draft on Canva, where I make the actual pages and covers, and because this was the first draft, and Canva has no way to access previous versions, which is why I have to make it again." Is what I thought at the start of this blog, however after further research, I found out Canva allows it, so I was able to reset the version and edit that Table of contents. 



    I looked in the sans-serif section on Canva for better fonts, as it was one of the two things requested to change. I decided on a font called Lazard Sans Serif Expan, as it was just professional enough, but unique, to be eye catching without being distracting.

    As for the photos, I decided to remove the background for both. I added enhancing effects to the bottom left, and a "trippy" effect. These images grab attention and don't have obnoxious backgrounds like before.

    Step Two: Cover Issue

    I had an issue with my previous cover, it was brought to my attention that I can't use any photos from the internet at all, originally thought I could photos from the internet as long as I had at least four photos taken myself. I was mistaken. Once this was brought to my attention I realized I could get a similar photo by screenshotting the Steam page for the game I wanted on the cover. This turned out beautifully. At first I wanted a different photo, but I as went to take it, I swapped on my and realized this is a better one. The dueling horses add to the cover by helping to suppress the lack of a main image. 

    Speaking of a lack of a main image, this may seem like not a good idea, however by screenshotting a Steam page it connects to the gamming industry further than any in-game screen shot could. It represents the purchasing of it, that's what a gamming magazine is all about, convincing someone to pick up a game advertised in it. Overall I'm happy with it.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology