2-pg Spread Feedback and Final Revisions

 2-pg Spread Feedback and Final Revisions

    As mentioned in the previous blog, the 2 page spread was completed out of order. To recap, I made 3 drafts two blogs ago, but they were influenced by last blogs' "event", and this blogs' edition of the 2 page spread (Yea, I drafted after the final product because of procrastination). We should finally be out of my forest of stupidity and have smooth sailing ahead towards the final product. To finally begin with this blog--

Final Version


    This is final two page spread. The last blog showed off the mistakes I made, but they all influenced this. 

    Most of the comments from the peer review involved the formatting. That was going to change no matter what. because of those (as well as seeing my fellow students' 2pg Spread) I decided to make it into one big page instead of two, which I felt was a wise decision. Some of the other comments also were about the pictures being behind the text. They said it wouldn't be smart to do that, I understand so I changed it. Not they have room to themselves and can get captions. The captions relate to the images better than I ever thought I could make them. The alert symbol was a nice thing I took from not necessary a magazine, but a guide (specifically a Minecraft guide) that shows an important caption. 

    One of the positive comments I received was the color scheme. This is something that also happened with the peer review of the TOC. So I added a blue hint to the transparent background of the text. This was archived by turning the transparency up in Canva's image editor with rectangle behind the text. One littler reminder was that I didn't select a good font. Thankfully I was able to change to the font I used for the TOC so now it has several elements in common. 

For reference, this was the first page in the 2pg spread that was shown off.

                                                     

    It overall fits well with the gamming magazine and I doubt it would feel too out of place in one of them.

    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology