Format Plans/Drafts

 Format Plans/Drafts

    It's time to start planning the formatting and style of the 2pg spread. 


    For the first draft, I wanted to stick with theme from the TOC so I chose a background of similar color. Formatted where the main text and captions would go and forgot to change the font (I'll fix that in the finished product) I wanted the first page to be mostly text, while the second finished the article and includes some captions. I've decided against pull quotes, not because they would look bad, but because this is a review of a game (as I've decided that's what the 2 page spread will be about), it's supposed to be my perspective, so there's no need for them. The images chose can easily be related too. The first one of the Switch can be about its exclusivity, while the X-box controller can be used as a way to highlight the controls of the game. The alert is used to symbolized a caption (not used for every caption, but rather something important to the game)

    
    For this second draft, I wanted to change the colors, while trying out a different formatting. In this one I felt to keep all the text and images separated. I think this created an unbalance that I set out to fix in the next draft. I also removed the alert as there was no room for it.


    For the final draft, I changed the background to some ugly wallpaper (for some reason) and brought back the alert for the captions however it doesn't quiet fit. This one has great formatting however not everything fits and I'm worried it won't contain the full article.

    The first draft is probably the best, more than likely I will use that one. It's formatting fairly good, so is its color scheme. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Font Psychology